My Mommy and Daddy are obsessed with these things called "Pumpkin Patches" and we went to visit another one this weekend. It was very large and they had lots of pumpkins. I asked Daddy what the difference between a Farm and a Patch was and Daddy said that a farm was where crops were planted as seeds, nourished with sunlight, fertilizer, and water and encouraged by the farmer to grow so that he can make a living. A patch is where all of the crops that no one really wants to eat are hacked off their vines and taken to an open field where they are lined up in neat rows for touristy city folks to come take pictures and think they are getting back to "nature". I think that Patches seem like more fun!
For some reason they line all of the pumpkins up with the pointy end up in the air. As you can see in the next picture, I found out that they make much better seats if you just roll 'em over!
No comments:
Post a Comment